Saturday, January 24, 2009

Animal Collective

One of the strangest and little-known (at least in my hometown) bands of all time, but also one of the most epic, the most polarizing, a sound that will quite literally knock your breath away. You'll either love them, or you'll hate them, but I truly believe that if you do not give their new album, "Merriweather Post Pavilion" at least one listen, you are missing out on what is sure to be one of the best albums of 2009.

Now, I know you'll say "Hey, Jenna, isn't that a bit premature, considering we're only 24 day into this year?" My response, "Shut the f*ck up and listen."

The clashing synth's, bassy and beat-driven, may nearly drown out the lyrics on almost all of their tunes, but once you catch just one wisp of those sung tongs (get it?) you'll be feverishly Googling their lyrics to read it for yourself. "What the f*ck did he just say!?"

Okay, I'll stop sounding so pushy and end with this: pick this album up, get it on vinyl, DL it on Itunes, whatever your M.O. may be. JUST DO IT. And if, for some odd reason (like, oh, maybe the recession or something) you can't afford it, shoot me an e-mail and I'd be happy to illegally burn you a copy.

Just feel it, man.

No comments: